What is new in sports? Pickleball!
Pickleball has become an increasingly popular sport for people of all ages. It is a mixture between ping pong and tennis, played on a smaller court to make exercising fun, particularly for active older adults.
In fact, our own Will Gurus founder Jason Baril loves pickleball and sets a goal to try and play every day!
Pickleball players may find that as well as exercise, they are making new friends while having fun in the process. Many benefits can be found in pickleball playing as well.
- Being Healthy: Lowered risk of heart disease may be achieved by just one hour of Pickleball played three days a week. It can improve blood pressure and cardio-respiratory functions, while lowering cholesterol for middle-aged and older adults.
- Fighting Depression: Depression can improve by any exercise routine, including Pickleball. Regular exercise can help people, especially those moving into retirement or later years, avoid negative feelings that sometimes impair their lives.
- Exercising Regularly: Exercise can be an addictive lifestyle change. Doing any activity has benefits that include gaining knowledge, skills, and new friendships, as well as a change in lifestyle, makes coming back another day something to look forward to.
- Lively, Not Lonely: Pickleball keeps players socializing and therefore, less lonely. Pickleball is played in groups of two, four, or more players, so the social aspect is great, and something that will keep you wanting more. Looking forward to seeing friends, knowing someone is waiting for you, can add a sense of responsibility and need. It may even extend to lunch or a movie later.
- Staying Independent: Regular exercise can keep your body healthier longer. Pickleball can help with balance, reflexes, and range of motion, all of which will mean a healthier body, which will make doing everyday chores easier.
Pickleball, as with many exercises, can be the difference between needing help to survive or leading a life independently in your own home. Contact your local recreation center to find a pickleball game near you.
We specialize in educating and helping you protect what you have for the people you love the most. Visit our website to learn more about how we can help you and your family.